Why do I need to turn off departments when switching to messaging? How do I change my Chat departments to Support groups?
Turning off departments will impact the organization of your agents and the routing and transfers of your chats. This is a necessary step if you migrate from live chat to messaging. After the migration, your account will no longer rely on Chat departments, and agents are instead organized into Support groups.
The process to turn off departments when migrating is below:
- Open the product tray and select the Chat icon.
- Under your Settings, select Departments.
- Enable any Chat departments that you need to send or receive chats.
- Click on the product tray and select Admin Center.
- Under Workspaces, select Agent Workspaces.
- Begin the migration to agent workspaces and messaging and the migration wizard in your account will prompt you to map your Chat departments to Support groups.
For more information, see these articles: