Groups are used to create collections of team members based on criteria those team members have in common.
How you set up your groups depends on how you want to define your workflow and organize your agents. You might create groups by skill (for example, software or hardware) or to reflect the organizations they serve. For example, a group might serve only customers in a certain region or time zone.
To learn more about groups, check out Justin Grave's advice in our community forums on what not to do with groups or watch this short video.
You must be an admin or an agent in a custom role with permission to create groups.
- In Admin Center, click People in the sidebar, then select Team > Groups.
- Click Add group.
- Enter a Group name.
- Optionally, enter a Description.
- (Enterprise only) If you want to make this group private, select Make it private. This can’t be undone. See Creating private ticket groups.
- If you want to make this the default group for your account, select Set as
default.All new team members will automatically be assigned to this group.Note: Your account’s default group and a team member’s default group are two separate types of defaults. To learn more about this distinction, see Changing the default group for your account or team member.
- Under Add group members, click the plus sign ( ) next to the name of the team member you want to add.
Alternatively, you can click Add all to add all team members in the list to the group.
To help find team members, you can search the list by team member name or email.
- Continue to add team members as needed, then click Save.
The new group is created.