The creator of a dashboard left my company and I removed their user from my Zendesk account. The dashboard is private and when I try to access it, I receive the message: The dashboard does not exist or is not public. How can I get access to that dashboard?
If you suspended the user but didn't delete them from your account, you can temporarily upgrade the user to an admin again and re-share the dashboard with an existing admin. However, if you deleted the original creator of the dashboard, then any unshared dashboard they created can't be recovered. For more information, see this article: Can I recover deleted custom metrics, reports, or dashboards?
To re-share the dashboard
- Unsuspend access to the user by following the steps in this article: Suspending a user.
- Select Unsuspend access.
- Under User type change the field to Staff member.
- In Admin Center, upgrade the agent's role back to Admin.
- On a different tab of your browser, sign in as the admin user you just reinstated.
- Open Explore and share the dashboard with yourself or with another admin.
- After you or another admin confirms access to the dashboard, downgrade the former employee's role to End user.
- Follow the best practices for suspending or deleting the user from the account.
For more information, see this article: Best practices for removing agents.
Please sign in to leave a comment.