Zendesk Advanced AI is a set of features that expand on the AI offerings already built into the Zendesk Suite. It’s available as an add-on for Suite and Support Professional and above plans, allowing you to achieve even more of your business goals, like increased cost savings, improved customer interactions with your bots, reduced agent onboarding time, and more.
This article answers the following questions about Zendesk Advanced AI:
What is it?
Zendesk Advanced AI is a set of powerful artificial intelligence (AI) tools that are purpose-built for the customer service experience.
The following features are included in Zendesk Advanced AI:
- Intelligent triage
- Advanced bots
- AI-powered intents for bots
- Intelligence in the context panel
- Macro suggestions for admins
How does it work?
The Zendesk Advanced AI add-on works across your entire customer service experience. The advanced features included in the add-on allow you to get faster value out of AI.
Watch the demo video below to see Advanced AI in action, or read on for information about the features included in the add-on.
Intelligent triage uses intent detection, language detection, and sentiment analysis to classify incoming requests and allow teams to power workflows based on these insights.
What it does:
- Eliminates manual triage by automatically categorizing incoming requests with the customer’s intent, language, and sentiment, saving 30-60 seconds on each request.
- Powers automated routing workflows that send incoming requests to the appropriate agent the first time.
- Automates responses to customers that allow them to self-serve and solve their own requests.
- Proactively requests missing information so agents can save time and manual effort.
- Gives you deeper reporting insights to better understand your customers and optimize your operations.
For more information, see About intelligent triage.
Advanced bots are enhanced bots for messaging and email that leverage the most extensive database of intents specific to customer service teams in your industry. This leads to more personalized and accurate responses, more productive agents, and faster setup.
What it does:
- Automatically detects and classifies requests based on the customer’s intent to deliver the most accurate answer, resulting in a better customer experience and higher deflection rate for your business.
- Saves admins manual setup time because the bots come pre-trained with intents for smarter service conversations in your industry. That means they’re available out of the box without months of manual setup to help you scale exceptional service with ease.
- Tags messaging tickets with intent to arm agents with additional context to help resolve customers’ issues faster.
- Identifies knowledge gaps in conversation bots and suggests unused intents that can improve ticket deflection.
- Acts as an always-available resource to give customers instant answers across all channels and resolve issues faster.
For more information, see About advanced bots.
AI-powered intents for bots
Intents can be assigned to answers to help you save time and increase bot accuracy. When you assign an intent to an answer, the bot knows to show this answer whenever it identifies the intent in a conversation with a customer.
What it does:
- Builds more effective conversation bots by applying suggested intents when creating answers.
- Fills gaps in your bot’s knowledge by using intent suggestions that identify commonly-asked but unanswered questions from customers.
For more information, see Using AI-powered intents with conversation bots.
Intelligence in the context panel
Intelligence in the context panel is an agent-facing panel in the Agent Workspace that shows agents AI-powered insights and suggests the right macros to apply to solve the customer’s issue.
What it does:
- Gives agents access to insights on customer intent, sentiment, and language to find the best resolution quickly.
- Suggests the most relevant macros to apply so agents can respond and solve issues faster.
- Helps agents ramp up quickly and improve by giving them AI-powered guidance on customer context next steps.
For more information, see Viewing intelligent triage predictions and suggested macros with Intelligence.
Macro suggestions for admins
Macro suggestions for admins are AI-powered suggestions for new shared macros that admins can create to make their agents more effective.
What it does:
- Offers suggestions to create shared macros to help agents respond faster and more consistently.
- Identifies knowledge gaps in macros and optimizes to provide the most relevant response.
- Reduces the time spent on analysis and promotes seamless collaboration between teams.
For more information, see Creating macros from macro suggestions.
Why should I use it?
The Zendesk Advanced AI add-on helps you effectively scale your customer service when resources are stretched thin. Our AI models are pre-trained and purpose-built for customer service. Our intent models leverage Zendesk datasets representing years’ worth of data and a wide range of use cases.
Because we've done the heavy lifting, you get robust AI capabilities—including intelligent workflows, advanced bots, agent assistance and productivity tools, and machine learning predictions—all from one platform.
Even better, these tools are ready to go from day one. No need to waste months training a model, no need for developer or data science resources, and no concerns that your AI investment won't produce actionable results.
Who can use it?
The table below summarizes the requirements to use the Zendesk Advanced AI add-on and its included features.
|Advanced AI add-on
This requirement applies only to intent predictions for intelligent triage and advanced bots. You may still buy the Advanced AI add-on without being in one of the listed industries, but you won’t be able to use intent predictions or advanced bots.
|Plan type, industry, ticket volume, language distribution, and model fit
|Requirements for using intelligent triage
|Intelligence in the context panel
|Macro suggestions for admins
|150+ tickets in English in the past 3 months
How do I enable it?
To get started with the Zendesk Advanced AI add-on, see Buying the Advanced AI add-on or contact your Zendesk account representative.