Dear Zendesk Customer,
Thank you for your inquiry with regard to updating the information associated with your Zendesk account. The goal of this article is to provide instructions on how to execute the applicable agreement(s) to transfer ownership of your Zendesk account (i.e., Zendesk Services as generally described at www.zendesk.com that are purchased by a Zendesk customer and specifically agreed to in any relevant Service Order) and establish whether an ownership transfer of the account or a name change is appropriate.
If the nature of your request involves a company name change, update to billing information, or other changes to the existing account, please contact your Zendesk account executive and provide the information required to update your existing account. There is no need for you to complete the Assignment Agreement since you are not transferring the ownership of your Zendesk account.
The ownership transfer (commonly known as an “assignment”) of a customer’s account (and subsequent updates to our records and systems) is a process accomplished via the existing subscriber (“Assignor”) and subsequent subscriber (“Assignee”) executing the Assignment Agreement conveying all interests, rights, and obligations in the Main Services Agreement (the “MSA”) and active Service Order Form(s) (together referred to as the “Agreement”) from the Assignor to the Assignee.
Please do not complete this Assignment Agreement if: 1.) The Assignee is a current customer of Zendesk; or 2.) either the Assignor or Assignee is a Zendesk channel partner or has acquired a subscription to the Zendesk Service through a Zendesk channel partner. If this is the case, please reach out to your Zendesk account executive for next steps.
The Assignor is responsible for initiating the assignment process, and below are the steps you must follow to transfer ownership of your account. Your Zendesk account executive can assist you with the process.
Assignor: The Zendesk customer transferring ownership of the account.
Assignee: The legal entity that will take ownership of the account.
Assignment Agreement: The Zendesk legal document required to transfer ownership of a customer’s account.
- Assignor must provide its Zendesk account executive with the following information to initiate the assignment process:
- The full legal name of the existing customer (“Assignor”)
- Assignor’s contact information, i.e., contact name and email address
- The full legal name to whom the account is being transferred (“Assignee”)
- Assignee’s billing contact information, i.e., contact name, title, department, address, phone number, and email
- Assignee’s primary contact as of the Assignment Effective Date (may be the same as or different from the Assignee’s billing contact information)
- Assignment Effective Date
- The request will be routed to Zendesk Legal for review and approval. Zendesk Legal will review the request, put their seal of approval on the Assignment Agreement, and then forward to the relevant Zendesk account executive.
- The Zendesk account executive will route the Assignment Agreement via DocuSign to the contact email addresses provided by the Assignor.
- Both the Assignor and Assignee will have the option to download the form for review prior to executing the agreement.
- Execution via DocuSign, by those who have signing authority, of the Assignment Agreement by both parties.
- The Assignment Agreement will be routed to Zendesk Legal for review and signature. Zendesk Legal will review the document and then forward for internal signature; both the Assignor and Assignee will receive a copy of the fully executed agreement.
Upon execution by all parties, the Assignment Agreement will become legally binding and the Assignor’s account will be transferred as requested to the Assignee as of the Assignment Effective Date.
Please remember, if you have any questions, you can contact your Zendesk account executive for additional assistance.