Warning: This article is provided for instructional purposes only. Google Groups, Aliases and distribution groups are not supported for use. Zendesk does not support or guarantee this method works correctly or is able to troubleshoot any issues caused by the use of a Google Group. Use at your own risk. Post any issues you have in the comments section or try searching for a solution online
Important: You must be a Gsuite administrator to make these changes.
The following instructions help you set up your Google Groups email as a support address.
Set up Within Gsuite admin console
- Navigate to the Gsuite Admin Console, while logged in as Admin, and expose more controls by clicking the Google Groups icon at the bottom.
- Select the Group/email you are adding as a support address, and click Manage users info.
- Remove all users if there are any. From there, add your default support system address as the sole member (support@YOURSUBDOMAIN.zendesk.com).
- Remove the footer by going to Group Settings in the upper right. Then, on the left under Settings, click Email options and unselect the Email footer option.
- In Basic Permissions, make sure that POST is set to Public.
Adding the email as a support address (Zendesk Support Side)
- Click the Admin icon ( ) in the sidebar, then select Channels > Email.
- Click Add Address.
- Select Connect other.
This circumvents an SMTP check that standard emails go through.
If you added the support address prior to setting up the forward, click Retry under the support address, to resend the verification email.
For more information about setting up a support address, see Adding a support address.