For information on creating new triggers, see Creating triggers for ticket updates and notifications.
Editing and cloning triggers
You can edit and clone triggers. Cloning a trigger creates a copy that you can modify and use for some other purpose. If your trigger notifies users, the notification body text will reset if you change the notification destination.
- On the Triggers page, locate the trigger you want to edit.
- Hover your mouse over the trigger to display the options menu icon (), then click Edit. Alternatively, click the title of the trigger you want to edit.
- Modify the title, description, conditions, and actions as needed.
- When you are finished, click Save.
To clone a trigger
- On the Triggers page, locate the trigger you want to clone.
- Hover your mouse over the trigger to display the options menu icon ().
- Click the options menu icon and select Clone.
- Modify the title, conditions, and actions as needed.
- Click Create trigger.
Deleting and deactivating triggers
If you decide that you no longer need a trigger, you can either delete it or deactivate it. Deleting a trigger means that it's gone and can't be retrieved. You can instead deactivate triggers. Deactivated triggers are listed in the Inactive tab of the Triggers page, and can be reactivated if needed.
- On the Triggers page, locate the trigger you want to deactivate.
- Hover your mouse over the trigger to display the options menu icon () and select Deactivate. The trigger is moved to the Inactive tab.
- To reactivate the trigger, select it from the list of inactive triggers and select Activate.
If you decide to permanently delete a trigger, you must first deactivate it as described above.
- On the Triggers page, click Inactive.
- Locate the trigger you want to delete.
- Hover your mouse over the trigger to display the options menu icon () and select Delete.
- Click Delete trigger.
Viewing the trigger revision history (Enterprise only)
If you're on the Enterprise plan, changes you make to a trigger can be viewed in the trigger revision history.
The revision history displays:
- The currently-viewed version's configuration
- Who made the changes
- When the change was made
- The changes made to the trigger in the displayed revision (optional)
The history is available to anyone with permission to manage business rules.
To view the trigger revision history
- On the Triggers page, click the trigger you want to view, to open the trigger's edit page.
- Click Revision history, located below the trigger title:
This opens the trigger history page.
- On the trigger history page, you’ll see all the available versions in a sidebar. Click on the version you want to view, and here's what you'll see:
- From here, you can:
- Toggle to show or hide the changes made to the selected version
- View the read-only configuration of the selected version
- Click another version to view
- Return to the edit page
For more information, see the viewing a trigger's revision history video.