Light agents have limited permissions but can stay informed about tickets and, when needed, provide subject matter expertise and advice by adding private comments. All comments by light agents are private, including the first comment of any tickets they create.
You can't clone or modify the light agent role, except for the two settings for tickets and reporting. Light agents are available as a Professional Add-on and Enterprise Add-on.
This article contains the following sections:
About light agent permission
The light agent role has the following access and permissions.
|Area||Light agents can...||Light agents can't...|
Updating reporting and ticket permissions for light agents
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Manage > People.
- Click roles.
- Next to Light agent, click edit.
You can change settings in the Tickets and Tools sections only. You cannot change any other settings for light agents.
- Next to Tickets, select what kind of tickets light agents can access:
- Select All within this agent's group(s) for light agents to access only tickets in their groups. If you want them to still be able to assign tickets to any group when they're the requester, also select the Agent can assign to any group check box. Light agents can also access tickets requested by users in their organization by selecting Requested by users in this agent's organization.
- Select All for light agents to access all tickets.
- Next to Tools, set reporting permissions to Can view only or Cannot view.
- Click Update role.