This article outlines the basic steps you need to complete to get started with Zendesk Talk.
Step One: Select a number
First, select a number that your customers will call for support. If you don't have a support number yet, you can purchase one directly within Talk. For details, see Adding a new number.
If you have an existing telephone number that you already use, you can forward calls to the number to the Zendesk Talk number. For details, see Using an existing number.
Step Two: Enable Talk and configure the general settings
Once your number is set up, you're ready to enable Talk and configure the channel-wide settings. For details, see Enabling Zendesk Talk and configuring general settings.
Step Three: Optimize your network and hardware for Zendesk Talk
There are a few considerations for making sure your network and hardware are ready to start using Talk. For details, see Best practices: Optimizing your network and hardware for Zendesk Talk.
You're now ready to start taking calls with Talk, or you can also complete additional configuration options that apply to your plan. For details, see the following articles:
- Receiving and placing calls with Zendesk Talk
- Determining which agents can use Zendesk Talk (Talk Basic and Advanced)
- Managing outgoing greetings
- Routing incoming calls to groups of agents (Team, Professional, and Enterprise)
- Routing incoming calls with IVR (Talk Advanced with Team, Professional, or Enterprise only)
- Routing calls based on business hours (Talk Basic and Advanced)
- Analyzing call activity with the Talk Advanced dashboard
- Analyzing call activity with the Talk Basic dashboard