What is the difference between Support business hours and Chat operating hours? Are they the same set of hours?
Business hours within Support and the operation hours within Chat are distinct sets of schedules that do not interact with one another.
Business hours are found via Admin > Settings > Schedule (Professional and Enterprise only.)
- Specifies what hours of the day your business is open.
- Can be used in business rules.
- Can be used to define different greetings for your Talk channel.
- Can be used as the hour set for calculating time-based metrics in Insights.
For more information on business hours, visit our article on Setting your schedule with business hours and holidays (Professional and Enterprise).
Operating Hours are found via Settings > Account > Operating Hours (Advanced and Premium only.)
- Can be set on a daily or weekday/weekend basis and at 15 minute intervals.
- Determines when your chat agents will appear online or invisible.
- Will display on the chat widget, so your customers know when you are available for chat support.
For more information on operating hours, visit our article on Creating a schedule with operating hours (Advanced and Premium.)