If you have a legacy Sell account that hasn't been connected to the Zendesk platform, you are not benefitting from the advanced functionality that the Zendesk platform brings. The Zendesk platform provides Sell accounts with numerous benefits, including:
- Enhanced account security, including single sign-on and two-factor account authentication.
- Improved and upgraded administration.
- Advanced integrations between Zendesk products, including Support and Chat.
- Access to the Zendesk Marketplace, that has hundreds of apps and integrations for Zendesk products.
- You can sign in to Sell with a unique subdomain.
- You can see the Zendesk product tray in the top right corner of Sell.
The tray allows you to navigate to other Zendesk products and to the Zendesk Admin Center.
If your Sell account is not connected to the Zendesk platform, work through the following steps to connect it in just a few minutes. You need Sell admin rights to complete this process. If you have questions, see Legacy Sell account migration FAQs.
To connect your legacy Sell account to the Zendesk platform
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Upgrade > Migrate Account.A migration screen is displayed, then click Get Started.Note: If you do not have an eligible Sell plan, you must upgrade to one before you migrate. To do so, click Change plan and choose your new plan to continue.
- You'll see a screen asking whether you already have a Zendesk account that you want
to connect to, select the appropriate option:
Note: To complete the process, you must be the Zendesk account owner associated with the Zendesk subdomain.
- No, I don't have another Zendesk account - select this option if your organization doesn't have another Zendesk account that you want to connect to. If you select this option, then a new Zendesk subdomain is created for you to connect your Sell account to.
- Yes, I use other Zendesk products and I am a Zendesk account owner - select this option if your organization already has an existing Zendesk subdomain or uses other Zendesk products that you want to connect your Sell account to.
- Depending on which option you selected, work through the following steps:
- If you selected No, I don't have another Zendesk account, choose a
Zendesk subdomain, such as your company name.
The format is <subdomain>.zendesk.com. From now on use this address to sign in to Sell.
- If you selected Yes, I use other Zendesk products and I am a Zendesk account owner, work through the following steps:
- Enter your existing Zendesk subdomain.
If the subdomain you enter is not an existing Zendesk subdomain, you'll be asked to re-enter it.
- Click Verify.
You will see a Zendesk sign-in screen.
- Sign in to your Zendesk account to confirm that this is the correct
account, and that you are the account owner.You'll see an acknowledgement screen that confirms that your Sell account and subdomain are almost connected. If the specified Zendesk subdomain is not the one that you want to connect to your Sell account, click Go back and choose a different subdomain.Note: If you use other Zendesk products (such as Chat or Support), and connect your Sell account, then you will see Sell users listed as Contributor Agents in Zendesk Support. Contributor agents do not use a paid seat in Support and can view some tickets but cannot respond or interact with them. If you downgrade Contributor Agents to End Users in Support, then they will lose their access to Zendesk Sell. To reactivate a user in Zendesk Sell, a Sell Admin must go to Sell > Settings > Users > Pending actions.
- Enter your existing Zendesk subdomain.
- If you selected No, I don't have another Zendesk account, choose a Zendesk subdomain, such as your company name.
- Click Next.
- Review, and agree to the changes, then click Start migration.
You have now connected your legacy Sell account to the Zendesk platform.
- For your next steps, see: Signing in to a migrated account for the first time.
- For information on using Zendesk apps, see Installing Zendesk apps for the first time and Customizing the layout of your records.
- For information about setting up advanced security on your Zendesk account, see: Managing security settings in the Admin Center.