You can edit the properties of your custom metrics and attributes, or duplicate the built-in metrics or attributes to make an editable copy.
To edit a metric or attribute
- From any of the metric and attribute panels (Metrics, Columns, Rows, Explosions, or Filters), click Add.
- From the list of metrics or attributes, choose a metric or an attribute with a pen icon next to it. In the example below, the Tickets metric is shown.
- Click the pen icon to open the metric or attribute menu. In the menu, you can rename your custom metrics and update the formula. You cannot edit built-in metrics and attributes. You must create an editable copy of the metric or attribute to do this.
- From the Options menu, you can choose from the following options to further edit your metric or attribute:
Note: The options that are displayed might differ depending on which metric or attribute you are editing.
- Duplicate: Creates an editable copy of the metric or attribute. This can be used to duplicate your custom metrics and attributes or to create editable copies of the built-in metrics and attributes. You must select the dataset where the copy will be stored. Duplicates are stored in the Calculated metrics or Calculated attributes folder.
- Edit display format: Change the format of your results to percentages, currency, timestamps, or custom formats. For details, see Changing the format of results.
- Edit aggregators: Change the default aggregator that the metric uses and prevent the selection of aggregators that are not compatible with the metric. For details, see Setting a metric's default and visible aggregators.
- Delete: Deletes the custom metric or attribute.