You can edit the properties of your custom metrics and attributes, or duplicate the built-in metrics or attributes to make an editable copy.
To edit a metric or attribute
- From any of the metric and attribute panels (Metrics, Columns, Rows, Explosions, or Filters), click Add.
- From the list of metrics or attributes, choose a metric or an attribute with a pen icon next to it. In the example below, the Tickets metric is shown.
- Click the pen icon to open the metric or attribute menu. In the menu, you can rename your custom metrics and update the formula. You cannot edit built-in metrics and attributes. You must create an editable copy of the metric or attribute to do this.
- From the Options menu, you can choose from the following options to further edit your metric or attribute:
Note: The options that are displayed might differ depending on which metric or attribute you are editing.
- Duplicate: Creates an editable copy of the metric or attribute. This can be used to duplicate your custom metrics and attributes or to create editable copies of the built-in metrics and attributes. You must select the dataset where the copy will be stored. Duplicates are stored in the Calculated metrics or Calculated attributes folder.
- Edit display format: Change the format of your results to percentages, currency, timestamps, or custom formats. For details, see Changing the format of results.
- Edit aggregators: Change the default aggregator that the metric uses and prevent the selection of aggregators that are not compatible with the metric. For details, see Setting a metric's default and visible aggregators.
- Delete: Deletes the custom metric or attribute.
I Believe that this document is outdated with recent updates to the layout. Duplication appears to be changed as there is no longer a pen icon next to the metrics in the drop down but an eye, which brings up the standard calculated metrics panel on the right where the duplication option looks to be located now.
We've followed up with our documentation team to have this article updated with the correct information.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Is there a way to see all of the custom calculated metrics easily?
In Explore, there is no central dedicated location. You can access customer metrics and attributes from inside of the report editor. For more information, please see this article: Where do I manage or create custom metrics and attributes?
I hope this answers your question. Thank you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.