This article describes the process for removing messaging capabilities from your account, as well as deactivating bot-enhanced messaging from a channel and reverting to default messaging.
This article includes the following sections:
Removing a widget from a website, help center, or mobile app
If you installed a messaging Web Widget in your website or help center, or added it to a mobile app, you can remove it without altering the widget configuration in Admin Center.
To remove a widget from a website
- Delete the code from the web page.
To remove a widget from a help center
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Messaging and social > Messaging.
- In the Channels list, click the widget you want to remove.
- Expand the Installation section.
- Under Add to Help Center, deselect Automatically embed Web Widget in your help center.
- Click Save.
The widget is immediately removed from your help center.
To remove a widget from a mobile app
- Ask your developer to remove the channel key from the mobile app code.
Disconnecting a conversation bot from a channel
You may find you need to disconnect a bot from a channel, because you want to use a different bot, or because you no longer want to offer bot functionality through that channel.When you disconnect a messaging bot from a channel, it is replaced by the default messaging response until and unless another bot is connected to that channel. Before disconnecting a bot, make sure you have another bot ready to replace it, or check that your default messaging response is properly configured.
To disconnect a bot from a channel
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Bots and automations > Bots.
- Click Manage bots.
- Click the bot you want to disconnect.
- In the Settings tab, expand the Channels section and deselect the channel you want to disconnect.
- Click Save.
The bot is disconnected, and the default messaging response is activated.
Deactivating messaging on your account
Although disconnecting messaging, as described in the previous sections, prevents the capability from functioning, you can choose to completely deactivate it on your account.
You can request messaging deactivation by filling out this form.
When you remove messaging at the account level, your messaging Web Widget automatically reverts to the legacy Web Widget (Classic) configured with live chat. If the messaging widget is live on your website or help center, the legacy widget replacing it will be accessible to customers.
- If you wish to use this legacy functionality, see Using Web Widget (Classic) to embed customer service on your website for more information.
- You can completely remove this legacy functionality from a channel by following the instructions in Removing a widget from a website, help center, or mobile SDK.