Normally, after you’ve converted a lead to a contact you have no need to reverse the action and convert a contact back into a lead. However, if you’ve accidentally converted a lead to a contact, here are your options for undoing the conversion.
Export and then reimport your contacts
- Export the data in your Sell account using the instructions in Exporting data from Zendesk Sell.
- In the exported data file (a CSV file) locate the contacts you want to revert back to leads and then move them into a new, separate spreadsheet.
- Reimport those user records as leads (see Importing leads, contacts, and deals using a CSV file).
Note: Reimporting these user records does not preserve any notes or tasks that were associated with these contacts in your Sell account.
Use tags to indicate which of your contacts are actually leads
- Rather than exporting and reimporting your user records, you can also tag your contacts that are in fact leads. For example, edit the contact profile information (see Editing lead and contact profile information) and add the tag ‘lead’ (see Adding and managing tags).
- With the ‘lead’ tag added to those contacts, you can then filter your view of your contacts to see (or not) those contacts that are tagged as leads.
- If you’ve added notes and tasks to those contacts that should instead be leads, this is the workaround that allows you to preserve those notes and tasks.
Please sign in to leave a comment.