Importing and exporting values for ticket fields

Return to top

4 Comments

  • David Judenne

    Hello,

    It's bad that we can't import a csv fiels if the ticket field is not new, I have a list use but this list is update after a while with big change, so can't manually change the 600 line and I don't want create a new ticket fields because then all the data use on previous ticket will be save under a different ID and for my reporting I need to check 2 different fiels :(

    So can you think about import csv on existing ticket field even if this delete actual list ?

    Thanks

    1
  • Patrick Wilson

    I have a field called "Reason", this was setup 8 years ago via an import. the format is Device > model > reason. Today when adding a new model, I ended up with a duplicate menu. After really digging into this, everything looked the same on the field values.

    Device - BP::BP5::Basic::Availability
    Device - BP::BP5S::Basic::Availability

    But I keep ending up with two menus called Device-BP. After exporting the fields, I saw the error. What was imported originally had some weird characters..

    (originally imported) Device -¬†BP::BP5::Firmware::Accuracy 
    (keyed in today) Device - BP::BP5S::Basic::Availability

    Is there anyway to fix the old ones or type in the new ones? I don't want my team to have to have two menu choices that are the same. 

     

     

     

    0
  • Heather Rommel
    Community Moderator

    Hi Patrick Wilson,

    That's interesting! I've not seen special characters import like that.

    The key to custom fields is that you can change the visible name of the fields as long as you keep the tag the same and you should be fine.  In other words, you should be able to rename ¬†BP::BP5::Firmware::Accuracy  to just BP::BP5::Firmware::Accuracy

    ... and not affect your reports as long as you keep the tag associated exactly the same.

    Hope this helps!

    0
  • Patrick Wilson

    Thank your for your response. Based on your answer, I was able to device a workaround. The corrupt characters may be a more recent issue, not from the original import as I have found it in some of the newer, manually entered fields. I will have to explore this in the near future.

    0

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Powered by Zendesk