Administrators and Enterprise agents with permission can create and edit custom fields for organizations. Custom org fields are visible to agents, but not end users.
You can also add custom fields to users and custom fields to your tickets and support request forms.
Using custom organization fields
- Triggers and automations (see Automatically tagging tickets from specific users and organizations)
- Placeholders in macros, ticket comments, and notification messages (see Placeholders for custom fields)
- Search (see Zendesk Support search reference)
- (Professional and Enterprise) Reporting (see Reporting with custom fields for Explore or Reporting on custom fields in Insights for Insights).
Adding custom organization fields
Administrators and Enterprise agents with permission can create the following types of custom organization fields:
- Drop-down list
- Multi-line text
- Regular expression
- In Admin Center, click the People icon () in the sidebar, then select Configuration > Organization fields.
- Click Add field and then enter a name and select the field type for the new field.
- Verify that the field key is the value you want it to be.
A field key enables the custom field to be referenced in placeholders and the API. When you enter a name for the field, the field key is automatically populated. If you want the name and key to be different, you must edit the field key. You can't change the field key after you create the custom organization field.
- (Optional) Add a description for the custom organization field.
- Set other properties for your field. Options vary depending on the type of field you are adding.
If you are adding a drop-down list, you can have up to six levels of organization (see Organizing drop-down list options).
- Click Create field.
New organization fields are active by default and are added to all organizations.
- After you create a new filed, you can click Edit order and then click and drag rows to adjust the order of your custom organization fields.