This Explore recipe demonstrates how you can make Zendesk Guide articles that you include in a report into clickable links. The report viewer can click the link, and the selected article will open in Guide. You can quickly create clickable links when you use the following chart visualization types:
With a little extra work, you can also make articles in tables clickable.
In this recipe, you'll create a report that lists all of your articles with the number of views. For each article displayed, you can click it to open the corresponding Guide article.
What you'll need
Skill level: Beginner
Time required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Article data in Zendesk Guide
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the query ( ) icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Guide > Knowledge Base > Guide: Knowledge Base, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- Next, add your metrics, the things you want to measure; in this case, the number of article views. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Article views > Views > SUM then click Apply.
Explore displays the results from the metric; in this case, the number of article views.
- Next, create a standard calculated attribute for the clickable article. In the calculations menu (), click Standard calculated attribute.
- On the Standard calculated attribute page, enter a Name for the attribute (for example Clickable article link), and then paste or enter the following Formula:
LINK([Article URL],[Article title])Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- When you're finished, click Save.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Calculated Attributes > Clickable article link, then click Apply. Explore displays the report. For each article, the number of views is shown. If you use the Bullet, Gauge, or Sparkline visualization types, you'll see that article links are now clickable. To get clickable links in tables, continue with these steps.
To make article links in tables clickable
- If you haven't done so already, from the visualizations menu (), choose Table.
- From the chart configuration menu (), choose Chart.
- From the Text interpretation drop-down list, choose HTML.
- Ensure that the Clickable URL box is checked.
Now, when you click any article in the Clickable article link column, it will open a new window with the article.