This article describes how self-service and assisted-online customers can upgrade from a Support or Support Suite legacy plan to the Zendesk Suite.
About upgrading legacy plans
Accounts created before Feb 1, 2021 are considered Zendesk legacy plans. If you have a self-service or assisted-online account with a Support legacy plan or a Support Suite legacy plan, you may be able to use the shopping cart to upgrade your plan to Zendesk Suite and take advantage of the latest Zendesk Suite pricing and features.
- If you have a legacy self-service Support plan in combination with other Zendesk products or add-ons that aren’t part of a Suite, you can't upgrade through the shopping cart.
- If you have a sales-assisted account with a legacy plan, you can’t upgrade through the shopping cart.
Upgrading your legacy plan
To upgrade your legacy plan
- In In Admin Center, click the Account icon () in the sidebar, then select Billing > Subscription.
- Click Manage to make changes to your subscription.
You’ll see a New icon () on the More products tab.
- Click More
This tab includes an option to upgrade to Zendesk Suite for your account.
If you don’t see a Zendesk Suite option in More products, your account is not eligible for a self-service upgrade to Zendesk Suite.
- To learn more, click See details.
A page appears with a detailed description of Zendesk Suite.
- To pick a Suite plan, click Choose plan.
You'll see a suggested default Zendesk Suite plan for your account. This default is based on the features you have in your current plan. The default includes the lowest-price Suite plan available that takes into account the features you need.
- To compare plans, click Compare plans to see comparison of features for each
- You can pick the suggested default plan or select another plan from the Plan
If you select a plan that is not the default and would cause you to lose features, a warning appears before you purchase.
- Click See details for more information about which features you will lose. See
About feature loss for some examples of messages you may
If you aren't happy with the feature loss, you can pick another plan.
- When you’ve decided on which plan to purchase, click Update subscription.
If you selected a plan that will cause you to lose features, a message appears asking you to confirm the changes. You can Cancel or Confirm the subscription changes.
About feature loss
The messages you see for feature loss vary depending on your individual account and the types of changes you are making. Messages can include: a list of features you will lose when you downgrade a plan, the consequences of agent seat reduction, the loss of product add-ons, the loss of dependent products, and more. The messages can also include actions you should take before you downgrade.
Here are some examples:
- In this example, downgrading your plan type will impact some of your limits for Answer
Bot resolutions, light agents, and more.
- In this example, downgrading your plan type and reducing the number of agents will
result in feature loss and agent removal. The changes also apply to agents in your