Subscriptions for Zendesk products are managed in Admin Center. This topic describes how to use Admin Center to manage your subscription by buying new products, adding agent seats, extending subscription times, changing your billing cycle, or upgrading your plan type. You must be the account owner or a billing admin to make these changes to your subscription.
About buying products
This topic applies to Zendesk accounts that allow you to make subscription changes. For more information, see Who can purchase?
The billing interface is designed to help you through the process by only showing options that are available to you. If you want to purchase additional products and you can’t find them on the Subscription page, contact your Zendesk sales representative or Zendesk Customer Support.
Changing plan subscriptions
In Admin Center, click the Account icon () in the sidebar, then select Billing > Subscription.
A summary of your current plan subscription appears. It shows the Zendesk products you have purchased, the product plan type, and the number of agent seats.
- Click Manage.
If you don't see a Manage button on the Subscription page, then you don't have permission to make changes. See Who can purchase? for details.
A Manage subscription page appears.
- Make subscription changes as desired. Subscription changes you can make include:
- Combining separate products into Zendesk Support Suite for more-favorable pricing. For more information, refer to Buying Zendesk Suite.
- Adding or decreasing the number of agent seats in each product. For more information, refer to Adding agent seats to your subscription.
- Changing plan types. For example, you can upgrade from Professional to Enterprise in Zendesk Support. For details, see Changing the plan type and comparing plans.
- Buying additional products. For example, if you have a Zendesk Support only plan, you can purchase Help Center with Guide or Live chat and messaging. For details, see Buying more products.
- Picking a billing cycle for Annual or Monthly payments. For details, see Changing the billing cycle.
- Cancel your account, or cancel products in your account. See Cancelling Zendesk products and accounts.
As you make changes, the Summary automatically updates to show the changes you have made and your calculated billing total.
- If you received a promo (promotional) code for your purchase, click Apply a promo code and enter the promo code.
- When you've finished making changes, select the checkbox to confirm that you agree to Zendesk's terms and conditions (if required).
- Click Update subscription.
- Enter a payment method. Choices are Credit or debit card or PayPal.
- Enter payment details, then click Purchase.
A confirmation message appears when your purchase is complete.
Changing the plan type and comparing plans
You can change your product plan types from the Subscription page. For example, you can change your Support plan from Professional to Enterprise or pick a plan type when you purchase additional products. You can also downgrade a product plan.
To change your plan type:
- On the Manage Subscription page, find the product you want to update or purchase.
- Select a plan from the Choose plan drop-down.
When you change plan types, the purchase price is updated on the Summary pane.
- If you're not sure which plan to pick, click Compare plans (next to the plan drop-down) for information about available plan types.
Buying more products
If your account allows it, you can purchase additional products directly from the Manage Subscription page.
To buy more products:
- On the Manage subscription page, click the More products tab.
A list of additional products that you can purchase for your account appears.
The choices you see in the More products tab vary depending on your plan type and when you purchased your plan. For example, a Support legacy account can add Explore reporting, but that feature is already included in Zendesk Suite accounts.
- To buy an additional product or add-on, click Choose plan (to add a new product) or Manage plan (to make additions to an existing plan), then click Add to subscription.
To learn more about a product or add-on before you buy, click See details.
Changing the billing cycle
If you have a self-service account, you can change your billing cycle. Substantial discounts are available if you pay annually instead of monthly.
To change your billing cycle:
- On the Manage subscription page, locate the Summary pane.
- Select Monthly or Annual from the Billing cycle toggle.
If you are in the middle of a billing cycle this change will not be processed until the start of your next billing cycle. This means that if you decide to change from an annual subscription to a monthly subscription a month into your first year, that change will not take effect for another eleven months.
Who can purchase?
This section describes some of the rules for buying Zendesk products and adding agent seats. These rules vary depending on your account type and the product plan you have purchased.
- Zendesk customers have either a self-service account or a sales-assisted account. The changes you can make to your subscription vary based on your account type, See About Zendesk account types for billing and subscription management.
- Customers who purchased Zendesk Suite and created their account after Feb 1, 2021, have many additional product features included with their plans. As a result, their choices for adding additional products from the Subscription page are fewer. See About Zendesk Suite plans.
- Users with admin permissions can view the Subscription page to see what Zendesk products are available on their account. The account owner or a billing admin can make subscription changes. Admins in sales-assisted accounts who don’t have billing permission, can request subscription changes.
- Customers with any type of account can use a simple request form to contact their Zendesk account representative directly and purchase additional agent seats. They can also contact their account representative to buy new products or make other changes to their account.
- Customers can buy most products directly from the Subscription page or Zendesk web site without going through a trail.
- If you are using Chat legacy versions, refer to (Legacy Chat) Billing FAQ for information on billing and subscriptions. If you are using Sell accounts created before July 1, 2020, refer to Understanding Sell plans and billing.