You can filter the leads, contacts, and deals displayed in your working lists and smart lists by common fields such as first name, last name, date added, and so on. You can also filter your lists by the custom fields you’ve added.
This article covers the following topics:
Creating a list filter
Your working lists differ depending on whether you are in Leads, Contacts, or Deals. You cannot filter through all of your smart lists in one place, you must find your smart list for that specific section.
When you filter you cannot add information to a Leads smart list from your Contacts smart list or Deals smart list You can define and apply filters in the Index view of the Leads and Contacts page, and the Stage view on the Deals page (see Using views in Sell). You can also switch between Index view (the default list view) or Table view in the top right corner.
To create a list filter
- On the Leads or Contacts page, click Index view (), then click +Field.
Or on the Deals page, click Stage view (), then click Filters > + Field.
You'll see the panel on the right side of the page.
- In the drop-down list, click the field you want to add as a filter. Any custom fields that you have already created will also be displayed in the dropdown list.
The field you selected is added to the Filters panel.
- Click Filter () next to the name of the newly added filter field to expand it, then select the field options you want to use as a list filter. Your list will be immediately updated to reflect what you’ve selected.
You can add multiple filters and also select multiple options from those filters to fine tune your list.
To save your filtered working list
- At the top of your working list, click Save as Smart List (see Creating and using smart lists).
When you define and apply a filter in the Index view for leads and contacts, or the Stage view for deals, this filter is also applied to the Table view. For example, if you create a filtered list for leads (in Index view) to only show new leads added in the last month, and then switch to Table view, you will see that the filter has been applied to this view too.
Removing list filters
When you apply filters to a list and then save it as a smart list, that smart list is always available to you in the Working Center (see Using the Working Center to view and manage your smart lists).
As you define and apply filters to your working lists, you can clear all of the default filters, to display all your own curated data (for example, all of your leads rather than just a subset of them).
To remove a list filter
- On the Leads or Contacts page, click Index view (), or on the Deals page, click Stage view () .
- At the top of the Filters panel, click Clear All .