To replace a team member with another team member, demote the current team member to an end user and then add a new team member. By demoting instead of deleting an agent, you can preserve some information about the agent.
Removing a team member does not change your agent seat count. You will be charged for the same number of agents, unless you change your subscription. See Changing plan subscriptions.
To remove a team member
- Make sure to reassign all the tickets currently assigned to the team member.
Any tickets assigned to a team member who is removed will become unassigned, with the following exceptions:
If the team member is in a group, then the ticket is reassigned to that group.
If you have the Auto-assign tickets upon solve setting enabled on your account, any solved tickets will be assigned to the administrator who downgraded the team member.
Closed tickets remain assigned to the team member when they are downgraded to an end user.
- In Admin Center, click the People icon () in the sidebar, then select Team > Team members.
- Locate the team member and click edit to open the team member's profile.
- Change the User type to End user.
- Confirm that you want to downgrade the agent's role.
- Update any triggers and automations that auto-assigned tickets to the team member.
If you want to completely remove the team member after the downgrade, use the user options arrow in the upper right on the profile page. For more information, see Deleting users.