You can replace a team member with another team member by demoting the current team member to an end user and then adding a new agent or admin. You can preserve some information about the team member by demoting them instead of deleting them.
Removing a team member does not change your agent seat count. You will be charged for the same number of agents unless you change your subscription. See Changing plan subscriptions.
To remove a team member
- As a best practice, reassign all the tickets currently assigned to the team
member. See Reassign an agent's
tickets.Note: If you aren't able to reassign the team member's tickets, see the reassigning tickets troubleshooting advice.
- In Admin Center, click People in the sidebar, then select Team > Team members.
- From the list, click the team member you want to downgrade.
- In the upper-right, click Manage in Support.
Alternatively, you can click Go to user profile under the list.
- On the team member's profile, set the User type to End
You'll see a warning screen that informs you of the privileges that will be lost by this user if you continue with the downgrade. Verify that this is what you want by selecting Yes, downgrade this user .
- Update any triggers and automations that auto-assigned tickets to the team member.
If you want to completely remove the team member after the downgrade, use the user options arrow in the upper right on the profile page. For more information, see Deleting users.