You can replace a team member with another team member by demoting the current team member to an end user and then adding a new agent or admin. You can preserve some information about the team member by demoting them instead of deleting them.
Removing a team member does not change your agent seat count. You will be charged for the same number of agents unless you change your subscription. See Changing plan subscriptions.
To remove a team member
- Make sure to reassign all the tickets currently assigned to the team
Any tickets assigned to a team member who is removed will become unassigned, with the following exceptions:
If the team member is in a group, then the ticket is reassigned to that group.
If you have the Auto-assign tickets upon solve setting enabled on your account, any solved tickets will be assigned to the administrator who downgraded the team member.
Closed tickets remain assigned to the team member when they are downgraded to an end user.Note: If you aren't able to reassign the a team member's tickets, see our reassigning tickets troubleshooting advice.
- In Admin Center, click People in the sidebar, then select Team > Team members.
- From the list, click the team member you want to downgrade.
- In the upper-right, click Manage in Support.
Alternatively, you can click Go to user profile under the list.
- On the team member's profile, set the User type to End
You'll see a warning screen that informs you of the privileges that will be lost by this user if you continue with the downgrade. Verify that this is what you want by selecting Yes, downgrade this user .
- Update any triggers and automations that auto-assigned tickets to the team member.
If you want to completely remove the team member after the downgrade, use the user options arrow in the upper right on the profile page. For more information, see Deleting users.