This recipe will guide you through how to build a visual guide on changes happening in searches, clicks, and average results according to specific search queries over time.
This is particularly important to understand trends in your help center and understand how changes in your product affect search data.
This article contains the following topics:
What you'll need
Skill level: Average
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving users access to Explore)
- Search data in Zendesk Guide
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Guide > Guide - Search, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list, select the following metrics and then click Apply:
- Average number of results
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list, select the following attributes and then click Apply:
- Search timestamp - Year
- Search timestamp - Month
- Search timestamp - Week of year
- (Optional) Add a filter for Search timestamp - Month to narrow your results to the last three months.
- If the report doesn't display as a timeline, click the Visualization type () icon, and select Line.
The report should look like the image below.
Adding the report to a dashboard
You can add the report to an existing dashboard or create a new dashboard from the report. After placing the report in a dashboard, add the Search query filter in the dashboard.
- In your dashboard, click Add > Add data filter.
- Under Choose data filter dataset, select Guide: Search [default], and select Search query.
- Click Apply.
You can now observe changes in key search data points according to the search query you selected in the filter.
Please sign in to leave a comment.