The Microsoft Teams - Zendesk Support integration allows Microsoft Teams users to have read-access to their Support ticket views inside Microsoft Teams.
With this integration you can:
- Add a ticket view in a Team channel tab
- Select the ticket view to be displayed in the Zendesk tab
- Add more than one ticket view in a Team channel
To set up the integration, you will need to have a Microsoft Teams account.
This article covers the following topics:
- Requirements for setting up the integration
- Installing and accessing the integration
- Deleting the integration
- Frequently asked questions
Installing and accessing the integration
The integration is installed from the Microsoft Teams channel.
To install the integration
- Click the + symbol in the Microsoft Teams channel where you want to place the view.
- On the Add a tab page, click on the Zendesk Support icon:
- Enter your subdomain and click Authenticate.
- When prompted, enter your credentials and allow the integration to access your Support account.
- Select the Ticket View you want to be displayed:
- Click Save.
To access the integration
- In Microsoft Teams, click the Zendesk Support tab in the channel that the integration was set up in. You will be prompted to sign in to Zendesk Support:
- Click Authenticate with Zendesk and allow the integration to access your account. You will now be able to access the ticket view in the Zendesk Support Tab.
Deleting the integration
You can delete a ticket view, or the integration, if it is no longer useful to you.
To delete the integration
- Click the caret button beside the ticket view you want to remove.
- Click Remove.
Frequently Asked Questions
Other users in my organization cannot access the integration.
Only Zendesk Support agents have access to the integration.
My custom fields for my ticket view aren't being displayed.
The integration only displays the default fields for a ticket view.
I cannot see one of the ticket views I want to display.
The integration only displays the top 15 ticket views in your Support account. Reorder your ticket views so that the ticket view you want to display will be displayed on the top.
I'm trying to set up another ticket view in the same channel but I'm stuck in the authentication message while using the desktop client.
Go to another team and return back to the channel you would like to set up the integration, or restart Microsoft Teams and try setting up the integration again. This is an ongoing issue in Microsoft Teams that will be fixed in a future version.
Authentication fails when setting up the integration in Mac OS / Chrome Full-screen mode
Go out of full-screen mode and try to setup in the integration again. This is an ongoing issue in Microsoft Teams that will be fixed in the next version.