In Professional and Enterprise, agents can use an alias that will be used on all communications with the ticket requester. This allows agents to create a persona and keep their real name private. An alias, rather than a user name, is used by placeholders in automated messages as well.
Administrators and agents can create their own alias by editing their profiles.
The alias field is only shown if personalized email replies is also enabled (see Enabling personalized email replies). This is done by an administrator.
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Channels > Email.
- Select Personalized email replies > Enable.
- Click Save.
- To add an alias to another agent's account or your own, you simply edit the Alias field in the user profile. See Updating your user profile in the Zendesk Agent Guide.
Once an agent adds an alias, it is the only name that end-users will see. The alias is:
- Shown as the sender on all outgoing email
- The name displayed on forum posts and comments made by agents
- The name end-uers see when viewing ticket details
Aliases are only visible to end-users, not other agents.