How do Chat-only agents log in to Zendesk Chat?
Chat-only agents have specific roles that allow them serve Chats in your Zendesk account, but will not occupy a Support agent license. Where they log in is dependent on how your Chat and Support accounts are integrated:
- Phase 1 Chat accounts are created when you take an already existing Chat account and add it to your Zendesk Support instance (these accounts will have a separate set of credentials needed to log in).
- Chat-only agents for Phase 1 accounts log in at: https://accounts.zopim.com
- If using the mobile app, Chat-only agents may login directly to the Chat mobile app
- Phase 2 Chat accounts are created from within Support (if you click on the Chat icon and are automatically logged in without entering new credentials, you have a Phase 2 account).
- Chat-only agents for Phase 2 accounts log in at: https://subdomain.zendesk.com
- To go to the Chat dashboard, click the Chat icon in the Product Tray
- If using the mobile app, Chat-only agents must first login to the Support mobile app, then they can authenticate into the Chat mobile app.