Zendesk offers a range of methods designed to help you analyze and share your business information. The available reporting methods depend on the Zendesk products and plan level you have chosen.
You can access all of your reporting products from the Reporting page ().
Read this article to learn about the different reporting methods available and how to configure them.
Understanding reporting plans
Use this section to help you understand which reporting methods you will use with your Zendesk plan.
Use Explore when
- You are an existing Insights customer who has been added to Explore (you will have received an in-product notification)
- You are a new Support Professional or Enterprise customer who purchased the product after July 2018
- You are a member of the Explore Early Access Program (EAP)
Use Insights when
- You have not yet been upgraded to Explore (there are currently some limitations to implementing Explore. If you are not automatically added, contact email@example.com for help).
- You want to maintain custom reports you have not yet migrated to Explore. We encourage you to read our upgrading articles for help converting these reports to Explore. Additionally, we've published many recipes that help you get started writing custom reports with Explore.
Use the built-in reports when
- You are on the Zendesk Support Essential or Team plan
- You have not configured Explore and want to use the built-in dashboards
- Explore Lite contains pre-built dashboards containing best practices reports for your Zendesk products. Explore Lite is included with all Support Professional and Enterprise plans.
- Explore Professional extends Explore Lite by enabling you to create, share, and secure your own customizable reports. Explore Professional is an add-on for Support Professional and Enterprise plans.
As well as from the Reporting () page, you can also open Explore by clicking it's icon () in the product tray.
To learn everything you need to know about Explore, see Zendesk Explore resources.
Insights is included with the Zendesk Support Professional and Enterprise plans. Insights extends the capabilities of the built-in reports to let you build, customize, secure, and share your own reports.
For more information about Insights, see Zendesk Insights resources.
Built-in reports are available with all Zendesk Support plans. To view the built-in reports, open the Reporting page () and select one of the available tabs, which differ depending on the Zendesk products you have installed. For general information about agents and tickets in your company, choose Overview.
For more information about the Zendesk built-in reports, see Using the Reporting Overview.