You can manage your knowledge base configuration in Guide settings. You must be a Guide Manager to work with these features.
Accessing the Guide Settings page
Guide settings include options to manage your content, security, and integrations, and to deactivate your Help Center.
To configure your Guide settings
Managing your content settings
Use the content management section to manage and moderate your public content, control spam, and configure notifications.
To manage your content
- Anonymous voting on articles (see enabling users to vote on articles without signing in)
- The spam filter is enabled by default (see Using the spam filter to prevent spam).
- Content moderation: sends new and edited knowledge base end-user content to a queue. You can set all content to be sent to the moderation queue, or specify certain words that will trigger the content being sent to the queue (see moderating end-user content)
- Set the default sorting order for comments, when a user is looking at requests in My Requests. The options are:
- Sort by oldest comment to newest
- Sort by newest comment to oldest
- User profiles: can be public or private (see enabling and disabling Help Center profiles)
Working with security settings
Use the security section to manage content processing and sign in settings.
To work with security settings
Working with integrations settings
Use the integrations section to manage additional features that are available as Help Center add-ons.
To work with integrations
- Google Analytics: includes Google Analytics tracking information for your Help Center (see enabling Google Analytics)
- Chat: enables Zendesk Chat for your Help Center (see enabling Chat)
- Mobile layout: (see using the Help Center mobile layout on devices)
- Powered by Zendesk logo: displays the Zendesk log at the bottom of each Help Center page (see hiding the Powered by Zendesk logo)
Deactivating your Help Center setting
You can deactivate your Help Center (see deactivating your Help Center).