You can search for Zendesk Support data (tickets, users and organizations) through your mobile app.
iOS users can search for tickets by keyword and filter them by date; Android users can search on ticket properties, user and organization data, and can apply multiple filters to their search results.
This section discusses the following topics:
Searching in the Android mobile app
On your Android device, you can search tickets by keywords found in the following properties:
In addition to searching ticket properties by keyword, when using search on the Android mobile app, you can:
- Filter your search
- View segmented search results
To start a basic search
- Tap the search button ()
- On this screen, you can choose from a recent search, or enter the keyword(s) you want to search for.
- If needed, you can view segmented search results or filter your search.
To view segmented search results
- Perform a basic search, as described above. The results are divided into three categories, which appear at the top of the search results screen:
- Tickets: All tickets that include the keyword(s) for your search in their Status, Type, Assignee, or Tags property.
- Users: All users with usernames or email addresses (domain or email name) that include the keyword(s).
- Org.: All organizations with names that match the keyword(s).
- Tap the category results you want to view, then tap the entry to view the ticket, or the tickets related to the user or organization.
To filter your search
- Tap the search icon (), and enter the keyword(s) you want to search for.
- Tap Search, then tap the category you want to view.
- Tap the Filter icon (), then select your filter criteria:
For ticket results, you can filter on the following:
- Ticket Status
- Ticket Type
- Updated date
For user or organization results, you can filter on the following:
- Updated date
- After you have chosen your filter criteria, click Apply.
Searching tickets in the iOS mobile app
On your iOS device, you can search tickets by keywords found in the following properties:
In addition to searching ticket properties by keyword, you can filter your search results by the date of the last ticket update.
To search ticket properties
- In the Support app, tap the Search icon () in the Tab Bar.
- Enter your search terms. To narrow your results, you can preface your keyword with a ticket property. For instance, a search for Open will return tickets that feature the word "Open" in any of the properties; a search for Status:Open will return only tickets in an Open status.
- Tap Search.
- In the search results, tap the ticket you want to view.
Recent searches are stored and displayed until you sign out of the app. iOS users can clear searches manually by tapping Clear recent searches at the bottom of the list.
To filter search results by the date of the last ticket update
- In the Support app, tap the Search icon () in the Tab Bar, enter your search terms, and tap Search.
- In the search results, tap the Filter icon ().
- Tap the last updated time period you want to apply to your search results:
- Past day
- Past week
- Past month
- Past year