The Zendesk Agent Workspace enables agents to work seamlessly across Zendesk channels, all within a single ticket interface. Agents can use the appropriate channels to address issues, without being restricted to the channel in which the customer originally made contact.
When enabled by an administrator, agents can manage Support, Chat, and Talk conversations within the same Support ticket. They don’t have to switch between dashboards to view and track customers issues. They have a full, customer-centric view of their work, enabling them to provide faster, better, and more personalized service. If configured, agents can also receive and reply to social messages and Zendesk messages.
Watch this video for an overview of the Zendesk Agent Workspace:
This article contains the following topics:
The following is a sample ticket in the workspace.
Key elements of this ticket include:
- Ticket conversations can include Support, Chat, and Talk. Agents can also receive and reply to social messages.
- Agent status (online, away, or invisible) and chats served appear at the top of the page.
- Agents can open the Talk console at the top of the page to set Talk status and manage calls from the workspace.
- Customer context information, including interaction history, appears on the right side. Agents can use the context panel to toggle between customer context and Apps. If your account includes Guide, agents can also use the Knowledge panel to search, link, and quote your help center content in tickets.
- To be compatible with chats and provide a more-natural conversation flow, ticket comments are arranged from oldest to newest, with the newest comments at the bottom.
- The visitor path shows a list of websites the requester has viewed. The interaction history shows a list of Support events.
Here’s the sample workflow shown in this ticket:
- While working with Support tickets in her queue, Agent Jackie receives a chat notification from her customer Maggie. Maggie wants to know the status of a refund.
- From within the ticket, Jackie replies to Maggie by chat to let her know her refund has been processed. Jackie promises to email Maggie the reference number.
- Instead of keeping Maggie waiting online, Jackie ends the chat and takes a few minutes to look up the reference number for the refund.
- When Jackie finds the reference number, she sends an email reply to Maggie. She includes the refund reference number and details about the refund status.
- If Maggie has questions about the refund, Jackie can use the Talk console in the workspace to call Maggie and explain details.
Jackie likes the workspace because she doesn’t have to swap between her Support tickets, the Chat dashboard, and her office switchboard. She has a clean, unified record of her interactions with Maggie to solve her issue. Jackie can swap seamlessly between channels, picking the best one as appropriate. She uses chats for quick, timely, interactive conversations, relies on email for longer, follow-up communications, and uses phone calls for urgent, sensitive, or complex matters.
Additional capabilities in the workspace include:
Agents can see the customer’s chat status in their Support tickets. See Using ticket tabs to manage conversations.
Agents can serve or end a chat from the ticket.
Agents can set their chat and messaging status.
|Agents can set their talk status.|
|Agents can switch to a call and start it directly from within a ticket conversation.|
|Agents can forward, pause, or end calls from the ticket.|
|Agents can use the Talk console to receive and place calls.|
Messaging support in the Zendesk Agent Workspace
Social messaging and Zendesk messaging is supported in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. When configured, agents can receive and reply to social messages and Zendesk messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. These messages appear as part of a unified conversation within the ticket. For more information, see Receiving and sending messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
Social messaging channels and Zendesk messaging channels for the Zendesk Agent Workspace are configured in Zendesk Admin Center. For more information, see About messaging channels in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.