The Time Tracking app enables you to monitor how much time you spend on tickets. You might see all or just some of the following options, depending on how your administrator has set up Time Tracking.
Every agent will have to do a one-time browser refresh to be able to see the Time Tracking app after it's installed.
The app must be installed and set up by an admin (see Setting up the Time Tracking app).
Making the Time Tracking app appear after installation
The first time you use Time Tracking, do a hard refresh on your browser for it to appear. You will only need to do this once.
To make the Time Tracking app visible
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac) or Control + F5 (Windows) to refresh your browser cache.
Tracking your time spent on tickets
To pause and resume the timer
- Press pause and play to pause and resume the timer as needed, such as if you still have a ticket open but are taking a break to answer an unrelated phone call.
To reset the timer
- Press the refresh button to reset the timer to 0.
To review timelogs
- You can review how long different agents have spent on that ticket.
- When you submit a ticket, you might see a window like the following, which allows you to edit or confirm your time:
When the window appears, the timer on the Cancel button begins counting down from 15. If you don't click Cancel or Submit before the 15 seconds are up, it closes and an error message appears.
Reporting on Time Tracking in Explore
The Time Tracking app tracks the time spent on each ticket update and stores this with the ticket. With Explore, you can create calculated metrics that contain this information and use them to produce reports. To learn how to set up custom time tracking metrics and produce reports, see Time Tracking app: metrics you need to be measuring.