How do Chat-only agents log in to Zendesk Chat?
Chat-only agents have specific roles that allow them to serve chats in your Zendesk account, but will not occupy a Support agent license. Where they log in is dependent on how your Chat and Support accounts are integrated:
- Phase 1 Chat accounts are created when you take an already existing Chat account and add it to your Zendesk Support instance. These accounts have a separate set of credentials needed to log in.
- Chat-only agents for Phase 1 accounts login at: https://accounts.zopim.com.
- If using the mobile app, Chat-only agents may login directly to the Chat mobile app.
- Phase 3 Chat accounts are created from within Support (if you click on the Chat icon and are automatically logged in without entering new credentials, you have a Phase 3 account).
- Chat-only agents for Phase 3 accounts login at: yoursubdomain.zendesk.com.
- To go to the Chat dashboard, click the Chat icon in the Product Tray.
- If using the mobile app, Chat-only agents must first log in to the Support mobile app, then they can authenticate into the Chat mobile app.
- Phase 4 Chat accounts are similar to Phase 3 accounts, as their authentication system is integrated within Support.
- Chat-only agents for Phase 4 accounts login at: yoursubdomain.zendesk.com.
If you have trouble determining your Zendesk Chat account version, see the article: Determining your Zendesk Chat account version.