You can capture leads directly into your sales funnel using a customizable embedded or hosted form. The data that is captured using this form is added as a new lead in your Zendesk Sell account.
There are two steps required to create a lead capture form. The first is to set up what you want on the form. The second is to publish the form.
This article covers the following topics:
Setting up a lead capture form
You must be an admin to set up and publish the lead capture form.
To create a lead capture form
- On the Sell sidebar, click Settings ().
- Click Data > Lead capture > Lead capture form.
- On the Fields tab, define the data fields that you want to include on the form.
- By default, the form contains the essential data fields you need to collect your lead data. Delete the fields that you're not going to use (Full name is the only required and non-deletable field). You can also rename fields, mark fields as required.
- (Optional) To add custom fields, click +Add Field, enter the details for the field, and click Add.
You can also change the order of the data fields by dragging and dropping the fields into the order you prefer.
- Click Preview to see your changes, then clickSave.
- On the Settings tab, click the Leads owner dropdown menu to specify who you want the leads assigned to.
- Click the Form language dropdown menu to specify which language the form is displayed in.
Publishing a lead capture form
- You can generate embed code that you can add to any website.
You must change the embed code of your current form to the new embed code available on the Publish options Tab in Sell. Depending on your desired styling, you may need to adjust the embed styling for how you embed the new Embedded form.
- You can publish the lead capture form to a site that's hosted by Zendesk.
You must change the current URL of your form to the new URL available on the Publish options tab in Sell.
Troubleshooting forms not rendering
If the embedded form does not render on your website it might be blocked by Content Security Policies (CSP) that were set up by your company. Ask your website administrator if you have a CSP in place, if yes, ask them to update it to allow the Capture form,
script-src and iframe using frame-src for
Hey! Is there a way to provide a drop down list of options in a lead capture form? ie Q 'how did you hear about us' A (TV, Radio, Facebook, etc). Thanks. Nick
Not sure if you received an answer to this question. You can create dropdown list options by creating the Field in leads to include the dropdown info. Then add the field to the lead form and map the field to lead attribute. In preview, you can see the dropdown for that field. Hope this helps.
Hi, after the completion of a lead capture form, the following text is shown to the prospective client:
Thanks for your inquiry.
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Is there any way to change this please, the spelling of inquiry is Americanised and we would like to change the wording regardless. .
Hi Mark - Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to say that the lead capture form is not editable (except for changing the fields available). That being said, if you have anyone on your team with developer knowledge, they could use our API to create a custom form that would allow you customize fully, or a third party app like Zapier with another form capture tool.
Please sign in to leave a comment.