This article describes how admins and agents with business rules permission can manage trigger categories. This includes viewing categories, renaming categories, rearranging triggers within categories, moving triggers between categories, reordering categories, and deleting categories. To create trigger categories, see Creating categories to organize triggers.
This article includes the following sections:
- Viewing trigger categories
- Reordering trigger categories
- Renaming trigger categories
- Deleting trigger categories
Viewing trigger categories
Trigger categories appear in the triggers list. You can expand or collapse categories to see which triggers are included in each category.
To view triggers categories
- In Admin Center, click Objects and rules in the sidebar, then select Business rules > Triggers.
The triggers list appears.
- Click the expander (>) next to a category to show or hide triggers in a category.
Categories can include both active and inactive triggers. The Status drop-down allows you to control which type is visible.
Select Active from the Status drop-down to see the number of active triggers in each category.
- Select Inactive from the Status drop-down to see the number of inactive triggers in each category.
- To quickly collapse your categories view, click the options menu icon () next to the column headings in the triggers list, then select Collapse all categories.
Reordering trigger categories
You can reorder trigger categories to change the order in which the triggers are run. This section describes how to reorder trigger categories. To reorder triggers, see Reordering and sorting triggers.
Keep in mind that the order you set for trigger categories must match the order in which you want triggers to run. Run order will have a big impact on how you decide to create and organize triggers within categories. For more information, see Understanding when triggers run and fire.
To reorder a trigger category
- In the triggers list, click Edit order (at the top of the list).
You’ll see a list of categories and triggers in the default sort order.
- Click the up () or down () arrows to move the category, along with all its triggers, up or down in the list.
- Save your changes.
If you receive an error when you reorder your trigger categories, see Trigger order wasn't updated.
Renaming trigger categories
Renaming a category does not impact the triggers included in the category.
To rename a trigger category
- In the triggers list, click the Options menu icon () next to the category you want to rename.
- Select Rename from the menu.
- Enter a new name for the category, then click Update.
Deleting trigger categories
Instead of deleting triggers individually, you can delete all triggers in a category at the same time. All triggers in the category must be inactive, or moved to another category, before you can delete the category. To delete or deactivate individual triggers, see Deleting and deactivating triggers.
To delete a trigger category
- Make sure all triggers in the category are inactive.
- From the Status drop-down at the top of the triggers list, select Inactive.
- Click the Options menu icon () next to the category you want to delete, then select Delete.
A count of all the triggers that will be deleted with the category appears.
- Click Delete category and triggers.
The category and all triggers in the category are deleted.