With thanks to Philippa Booth
This report provides a quick way to display the current date on your dashboard.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket and agent data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
Use the following steps to create this report in Explore.
- In Zendesk Explore, click the reports ( ) icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- Next, add a metric, the thing you want to measure, in this case, the number of tickets. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Tickets, then click Apply. Notice that COUNT(Tickets) is displayed in the Metrics panel and Explore automatically displays the count of tickets in the main section of the page.
- Next, add a custom attribute that displays the current date. In the Calculations ( ) menu, choose Standard calculated attribute.
- On the Standard calculated attribute panel, add the following formula:
- Add a title for your new attribute. In this example, the attribute was named Today.
- When you are finished, click Save.
- Next, add the custom attribute that will show the current date. In the Rows section, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Calculated attributes > Today, then click Apply. This shows the number of tickets and today's date.
- Next, hide the metric value and the heading. Click Chart configuration ( ) > Columns from the right-hand panel.
- Hide the second column from the list.
- To hide the heading, click Chart configuration ( ) > Chart. Look for Header visibility and hide the header.
- You can also adjust the text configuration in the same setting.
- The report is, by default named New report. Click the New report text and replace it with a title of your own.
- Finally, click Save.
Now, you can add it to your dashboard to display the current date. To add a report to your dashboard, see the article: Adding reports to dashboards.
Point 11 states: Custom Attributes > Today, this is incorrect, it is actually: Calculated attributes > Today
Thanks for taking the time to share this with us Dan! I'll let our documentation team know so they can get this updated.
Hi Dan, thanks for spotting this! It's now fixed. We really appreciate the help.
Please sign in to leave a comment.