In this Explore recipe, you’ll learn how to create KPIs that show how many tickets are in each status (New, Open, Pending, On-hold, and Solved). These KPIs can be added to dashboards to help you keep tabs on your organization's overall ticket workflows.
This article contains the following topics:
What you’ll need
Skill level: Beginner
Time required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving users access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list, select New tickets and click Apply.
- Give your report a descriptive name and click Save.
The resulting report is a KPI that shows you how many tickets your organization has in the New status.
Repeat the steps above, modifying step 5 to select one of the following metrics for other ticket statuses as desired:
- Open tickets
- Pending tickets
- On-hold tickets
- Solved tickets
Enhancing the report (Enterprise only)
Customers on Enterprise plans also have access to live metrics. This means you can create a more complete picture of your tickets by adding the following live metrics to the same dashboard as the KPIs above:
- Support - New tickets (60 min)
- Support - Open tickets (60min)
- Support - Pending tickets (60min)
- Support - On-hold tickets (60 min)
- Support - Solved tickets (60min)
The non-live KPIs will show data as of about an hour ago, while the live metrics will show data for the last hour up to the current time. There may be a small gap between the non-live metrics and live metrics due to the data sync window. For more information, see Data refresh intervals for Explore reporting.