Zendesk Explore features a pre-built dashboard named Answer Bot that helps you monitor your Answer Bot activity and article effectiveness. The dashboard can help you identify if Answer Bot is solving your support requests, how quickly users are opening suggested articles, and how your individual articles are performing.
You can edit and customize the Answer Bot dashboard by cloning it (see Cloning Explore dashboards).
- Explore Lite: Each day at midnight in the timezone of the account.
- Explore Professional and Enterprise: One hour after the most recent update. The update time is randomized within the hour and in some cases might take up to two hours to complete.
In the following topics, you'll learn how to access the Answer Bot dashboard and see the available reports:
Accessing the Answer Bot dashboard
Use the following procedure to access the Answer Bot dashboard.
To access the Answer Bot dashboard
- In the Zendesk product tray, click the Explore icon ().
- From the list of dashboards, select the Zendesk Guide dashboard.
- In the Guide dashboard, click the Answer Bot tab.Tip: If Answer Bot is not configured then the Answer Bot tab won't be displayed.
Understanding the Answer Bot dashboard reports
The Answer Bot dashboard shows information about Answer Bot activities, ticket resolutions, and activity by articles. You can filter the reports on the dashboard by Time, Answer channel, Answer brand, Article language, Ticket group, and Ticket form.
Answer Bot dashboard headline metrics
The dashboard displays the following headline metrics (KPIs):
- Suggestion rate: Displays the percentage of customer enquiries where Answer Bot offered a suggestion. The KPI also displays the number of answers, unsuccessful attempts, and attempts that Answer Bot made. Click the Improve link to get tips about how to improve the suggestion rate.
- Click-through rate: Displays the percentage of responses clicked by end users from the total responses offered by Answer Bot. The KPI also displays the number of clicks, clicked articles, and the median click time. Click the Improve link to get tips about how to improve the click-through rate.
- Resolution rate: Displays the percentage of enquiries that are resolved with no agent involvement. The KPI also displays the number of resolutions, indirect resolution answers, and the median resolution time. Click the Improve link to get tips about how to improve the resolution rate.
- Rejection rate: Displays the percentage of suggested article marked as unhelpful by end users from the total number of suggestion offered by Answer Bot. The KPI also displays the number of articles marked unhelpful. Click the Decrease link to get tips about how to improve the rejection rate.
Answer Bot dashboard reports
The dashboard displays the following reports:
Answer Bot activity volumes by date: Shows the number of offered,
clicked, and resolved bot answers and resolutions over the chosen time
Answer Bot activity rates by date: The percentage of Answer Bot
answers clicked, rejected, or resolved over the selected time
Resolutions by month (12 month): The number of resolutions and the
percentage resolution rate over a 12 month period.
- The following reports can be filtered by Suggested article language, Answer
brand, or Answer channel:
Answers by selected attribute (top 10): Displays the top
ten offered answers by language, brand, or channel.
- Answers by selected attribute (top 10): Displays the top ten offered answers by language, brand, or channel.
Clicks and resolutions by selected attribute (top 10): Displays the
top ten clicks and resolutions by language, brand, or channel.
Resolutions by selected attribute (12 months): Displays the
resolutions over the last 12 months sorted by language, brand, or
Answer Bot activity by article: A detailed report about Answer Bot
activity for all of your Guide articles. You can restrict the range of
results shown by using the Top and Bottom filters. The table
contains the following information for each article that Answer Bot
- Article author: The author of each article
- Suggested articles: The number of times each article was suggested
- Clicked articles: The number of times each article suggested by Answer Bot was clicked
- Resolution articles: The number of tickets for each article that were solved by an Answer Bot suggestion
- Rejected articles: The number of times an Answer Bot suggestion for each article was rejected by an end user
- Resolutions/Clicks: The percentage of resolutions from clicked answers for each article. It is possible for this number to be over 100% as you can resolve an answer from the initial suggestion without clicking into it.