With Sell Enterprise and Elite plans, you can create automated task actions to streamline your workflow. For example, you can automatically create a standard workflow task for Sell users whenever a new lead, contact, or deal is added.
You need Sell admin rights to create automated task actions.
To create an automated task action
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Business Rules > Automated actions.
- Click Build your first action.
- Select the trigger event for the new action.
- Click Continue to Event Actions.
- Define your automated action, that is, what happens when the trigger event occurs.
You can create a single or multiple tasks. In this example, when a deal is created an owner is assigned. To create another task for this action, click Create task.
When you create an automated action for a deal, you can also update a custom field. To update an existing custom field, click Update custom field and select the custom field from the drop down list and then enter the custom field value.
- When you’re done, click Activate Automated Action.
Your automated task actions are listed on the Automated Actions page, where you can edit or delete them.