Side conversations can be enabled and disabled by admins. They're disabled by default.
Side conversations are only available in Zendesk Suite. They're not available in Support.
To enable and disable side conversations
- In Admin Center, click Objects and rules in the sidebar, then select Tickets > Settings.
- Scroll down to the Side conversations section.
- Select Enable email to make side conversations available from email.
For information about using side conversations with email, see Using side conversations in tickets.
- If required, select Enable Slack to make side conversations available from
To use side conversations with Slack, you must also have the latest version of the Slack for Zendesk Support app. For information about using side conversations with Slack, see Using Slack in side conversations.
- If required, select Enable child tickets. This enables agents to create side conversation child tickets and assign them to a specific agent or group. For more information, see Using side conversation child tickets.
We recommend setting up trigger conditions for side conversations in order to fully integrate them into your workflows and to keep agents on top of the activity within them. For more information about why it’s a good idea to use trigger conditions with side conversations, see Setting up trigger conditions for side conversations.
About support addresses used to send side conversations
Side conversation notifications are sent from the support address associated with the ticket that the side conversation is on (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have multiple brands and support addresses, side conversation notifications come from each of your support addresses (for example, email@example.com).
If you have internal email routing rules (for example, in Microsoft Exchange), we recommend that you include references to each of your unique support addresses. Otherwise, email notification for side conversations will not be routed correctly. Check your allowlists and blocklists.