By default, all Jira projects are available through the integration. However, a Jira administrator can restrict access to Jira projects. This feature provides the benefit of limiting access to sensitive information stored in specific Jira projects, and creates a better user experience by only showing relevant projects in the Jira app in Support.
Note: This restriction does not apply to other admin-controlled integration features such as Jira workflow integration and field syncing. These features only work on linked tickets and the linking functionality is dependent on project restrictions.
To restrict a Jira project from appearing in the Jira integration
- Log in to your Jira account. You must have admin privileges to make these changes.
- Click the Settings cog, then select Apps> Manage apps > Zendesk Support for JIRA > Configure.
- Click the Project Restrictions tab on the left sidebar to open the Project Restrictions page.
- Move your projects into the allowed or restricted groups using the control buttons:
- Click Save to save your changes.
When you save these settings:
- Only allowed projects appear in the project selection when creating an issue in the Jira app in Support:
- Only issues in allowed projects appear in search results when linking an issue in the Jira app in Support:
Restricting a project does not affect previously linked issues. Issues that have been linked before a project was restricted remain untouched.
Article is closed for comments.