In this recipe, you’ll learn how to report on the most frequently searched queries, the number of searches, and the clicks performed by users in your knowledge base via the help center, Web Widget, and mobile SDKs.
This information helps you understand what your users are searching for most often, and which articles they’re choosing from their search results. That way, you can prioritize your attention and updates for the most-used articles.
This article contains the following topics:
What you’ll need
Skill level: Beginner
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Search data in Zendesk Guide
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Guide > Guide - Search, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Searches and Clicks, then click Apply.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Search timestamp - Date and Search query, then click Apply.
- Apply a top/bottom filter on the top 3 (or any number) results for each date, similar to this:
- (Optional) Add a filter for Search timestamp - Date to narrow your results.