As soon as you add a skill to a skill type, the Skills field becomes visible to admins on all tickets. Admins can change settings so that the field is also visible or editable by agents, too.
For information about assigning skills to tickets, see Adding and managing skills on tickets.
Viewing skills on a ticket
- In Support, open the ticket and find the
Configuring who can see the skills ticket field
Unless you modify the settings to grant agents additional permissions, only admins can see and update the skills field. The settings chosen here are applied to all admins and agents, and to all skills. You can update these settings at any time.
Light agents can't edit skills, regardless of the selected settings.
To configure the skills field visibility options
- In Admin Center, click Objects and rules in the sidebar, then select Business rules > Skills.
- Click the configuration icon () next to the New skill type button.
- In the Manage skills on tickets dialog, use the dropdown to
select the visibility configuration you want to apply to the skills field:
- Administrators only (view and update): (Default) Administrators can view and update skills in tickets. Agents cannot view or update skills.
- Administrators (view and update) and agents (view only): Administrators can view and update skills in tickets. Agents can view skills in tickets, but can't update them.
- Administrators (view and update) and agents (view and update): Administrators and agents can view and update skills in tickets.
- No one (disabled): The Skills field isn't visible to any users.
- Click Save.