You can add tables to your Help Center articles, and customize their properties, by clicking the Table icon in the article editor toolbar, and selecting your table options. The table formatting options available depend on whether or not you are allowing unsafe HTML in Help Center pages.
To add a table to an article
- Open the article in the Guide article editor, and place your cursor where you want to add the table.
- In the article editor toolbar, click the Table icon:
- In the table formatting menu, click Table, then move your cursor over the grid to select the number of rows and columns you want to include in the table:
- Click the grid to add the table to your article.
Once the table is added to your article, you can add content by clicking inside a cell and inserting text or images. You can also format the width, height, text alignment, and other table properties.
To format the table properties
- Select the table in the article.
- In the article editor toolbar, click the Table icon, then click Table properties. This opens the Table properties window. By default, you can customize the following properties:
If you need greater control over your table appearance, you need to change your Help Center security permissions to allow unsafe HTML. See Allowing unsafe HTML in Help Center pages for more information. If you decide to make this security change, the table properties window displays the following options:
The Advanced tab allows you to update the style, border color, and background color.
- When you've made your formatting changes, click OK.