Some support teams never delete tickets; they instead move them through their workflow to close them using an automation. You can, however, delete a ticket if you want. Deleted tickets are moved into a Deleted Tickets view, where you can restore them or permanently delete them. After 30 days deleted tickets are permanently deleted and removed from the Deleted Tickets view.
This article contains the following sections:
Deleting a ticket
You can delete a ticket from your Zendesk if needed. Deleted tickets are moved into a Deleted Tickets view for 30 days, where you can restore them or permanently delete them.
You can also delete multiple tickets at the same time. For more information, see Bulk deleting tickets.
To delete a ticket
- Open the ticket that you want to delete.
- Click the Ticket options menu in the upper right, then select Delete.
You'll be asked to confirm that you want to delete the ticket.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to delete the ticket.
The ticket is deleted and moved to the Deleted tickets view for 30 days until it is permanently deleted.
If you accidentally deleted the ticket, you can click Undo in the message about the ticket deletion or you can restore the deleted ticket from the Deleted Ticket view (see Restoring a deleted ticket).
Undoing a ticket deletion
When you delete a ticket, you can quickly undo the deletion and recover the ticket if you need to.
- Click Undo in the message about the ticket deletion.
The message only displays for a few seconds. If you miss the option in the message, you can restore the deleted ticket from the Deleted Ticket view (see Restoring a deleted ticket).
Permanently deleting a ticket
Deleted tickets appear in a Deleted Tickets view for 30 days. After that time, they are automatically permanently deleted.
You can manually permanently delete tickets before that time, if you want. If you do so, the ticket disappears from the Deleted Tickets view, and there is no way to recover the permanently deleted ticket.
Reporting on deleted tickets remains intact because the ticket ID for a permanently deleted ticket is stored as a record, but absolutely no other information or ticket fields is stored for a permanently deleted ticket.
To permanently delete a ticket
- Click the Views icon () in the sidebar, then click Deleted tickets in the Views list.
- Click the checkbox(es) beside the ticket(s) you want to permanently delete.
The deleted ticket options appear in the upper right.
- Click the deleted ticket options menu, then select Delete ticket forever.
- Click Delete ticket forever again to confirm that you want to permanently delete the selected ticket(s).
You cannot recover permanently deleted tickets.