The Agent Notification app enables specific Zendesk users to broadcast messages to some or all of your Zendesk agents. An administrator can specify what groups can broadcast messages from within the app.
Quickly let your team know about an outage, invite the team out to lunch, or have a little fun and share images with the team to give them a little mid-afternoon perk. Use the Agent Notification app to keep the company apprised of critical information, real-time.
With the Basic plan users in allowed groups can also "pin" a notification. A pinned notification then stays active until each user dismisses it within the app.
This article includes the following topics:
Installing the app
- To install the app, visit the Zendesk Marketplace ( Admin > Apps > Marketplace ) and search for Notification App.
- In the Installation section, enter a name for the Agent Notifications app, enable group and role restrictions if required. These configuration options are also available after installation by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage.
Using the App
Using the app takes just four simple steps once installed:
- Open the Agent Notification app by clicking on the bell icon in the top bar.
- Write the message you want to broadcast.
- Select the group you want to send a message to (leaving this value blank will send to all logged in agents).
- If you're on the Basic Plan, choose whether to "Pin" the notification
- Click Broadcast!
The app will pop open and display messages to all signed-in agents in real time. Message history is stored in the app until they log out of Zendesk. Zendesk administrators can select what groups they want to have permission to use the app to broadcast messages by clicking on the cogwheel in the app and selecting the groups they want to have permission, as shown below.
Messages in the Agent Notification app support a subset of Markdown. For more information about Markdown, see http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/ . URLs are also automatically detected and turned into links or images (but you can still use Markdown if you’d like). Markdown is supported for the following:
- level 3 headings
Version 2.1.0 - 2021-01-11
- Added "Pinning" feature via the Basic Plan