Subscriptions for Zendesk products are managed in Admin Center. This topic describes how to use Admin Center to manage your subscription by buying new products, adding agent seats, extending subscription times, changing your billing cycle, or upgrading your plan type. You must be the account owner to make these changes to your subscription.
This topic applies to Zendesk accounts that allow account owners to make subscription changes. For more information, see Who can purchase? If your account is not eligible, contact your Zendesk sales representative or Zendesk Customer Support to make changes to your account.
Changing plan subscriptions
- In any product, click the Zendesk Products icon () in the top bar, then select Admin Center.
- Click the Billing icon () in the left sidebar, then click Subscription.
A summary of your current plan subscription appears. It shows the Zendesk products you have purchased, the product plan type, and the number of agent seats.
- Click Manage.
If you don't see a Manage button on the Subscription page, then you don't have permission to make changes. See Who can purchase? for details.
A Manage Subscription page appears.
- Make subscription changes as desired. Subscription changes you can make include:
- Combining separate products into Zendesk Support Suite for more-favorable pricing. For more information, refer to Buying The Support Suite.
- Adding or decreasing the number of agent seats in each product. For more information, refer to Adding agent seats to your subscription.
- Changing plan types. For example, you can upgrade from Professional to Enterprise in Zendesk Support. For details, see Changing the plan type.
- Buying additional products or product add-ons. For example, if you have a Support Professional plan, you can purchase the Collaboration and Productivity Pack add-ons. For details, see Buying more products and add-ons.
- Picking a billing cycle for Annual or Monthly payments. For details, see Changing the billing cycle.
- Cancel your account, or cancel products in your account. See Cancelling Zendesk products and accounts.
As you make changes, the Summary automatically updates to show the changes you have made and your calculated billing total.
- If you received a promo (promotional) code for your purchase, click Did you receive a promo code from us?, then enter the promo code, and click Apply.
- When you've finished making changes, select the checkbox to confirm that you agree to Zendesk's terms and conditions (if required).
- Click Update subscription.
- Enter a payment method. Choices are Credit or debit card or PayPal.
- Enter payment details, then click Purchase.
- A confirmation message appears when your purchase is complete.
Changing the plan type
You can change your product plan types from the Subscription page. For example, you can upgrade your Support plan from Professional to Enterprise, or pick plan when you purchase a new product. You can also downgrade your plan type.
To change your plan type:
- On the Manage Subscription page, find the product you want to update or purchase.
- Select a plan from the Choose plan drop-down.
When you change plan types, the purchase price is updated on the Summary pane.
If you're not sure which plan to pick, click Compare plans (next to the plan drop-down) for information about available plan types.
Buying more products and add-ons
If you account allows it, you can purchase additional products, such as Explore and Guide, directly from the Manage Subscription page. In addition, customers with eligible Support plans can purchase the Zendesk Collaboration and Productivity Pack add-ons.
To buy more products:
- On the Manage subscription page, click the More products tab.
A list of additional products and product add-ons that you can purchase for your account appears.
- To buy a product or add-on, click Choose plan (if required), then click Add to subscription.
If you want to learn more about a product or add-on before you buy, click See details.
Changing the billing cycle
If you have a self-service account, you can change your billing cycle. Substantial discounts are available if you pay annually instead of monthly.
To change your billing cycle:
- On the Manage subscription page, locate the Summary pane.
- Select Monthly or Annual from the Billing cycle drop-down.
If you are in the middle of a billing cycle this change will not be processed until the start of your next billing cycle. This means that if you decide to change from an annual subscription to a monthly subscription a month into your first year, that change will not take affect for another eleven months.
Who can purchase?
This section describes some of the rules for buying Zendesk products and adding agent seats, depending on your account type. The billing interface is designed to help you through the process by only showing options that are available to you. If you have any questions or issues, contact your Zendesk sales representative or Zendesk Customer Support.
- Users with admin permissions can view the Subscription page to see what Zendesk products are available on their account, but only the account owner can purchase additional agent seats, add products to a subscription, or make other subscription changes.
- Customers with self-service accounts can purchase additional agent seats from the Subscription page. Self-service customers can also buy more products and add-ons, extend subscription times, change their billing cycle, and change their payment type.
- Some customers with sales-assisted (managed) accounts can use the Subscription page to purchase agent seats or buy new products and add-ons. If you have this type of account, you’ll see a Manage button on the Subscription page.
- Self-service customers with Zendesk Chat Phase 4 can purchase seats from the subscription page, but they cannot Add agents on the fly. See Determining your Zendesk Chat account version.
- Customers with Sunshine accounts can add additional seats from the Subscription page.
- For Enterprise customers, Sunshine is included at no extra cost. Sunshine supports up to 1 million custom objects.
- For Enterprise customers who need a larger number of custom objects (up to 100 million), Sunshine Select is available for purchase at an additional cost. To add Sunshine Select to your account, contact your Zendesk sales representative.
- Customers with any type of account can use a simple request form to contact their sales representative directly and purchase additional agent seats. They can also contact their sales representative to buy new products or make other changes to their account.
- Customers can buy products like Explore, Guide, and Support directly from the Subscription page or Zendesk web site without going through a Trial.
- Support customers can purchase add-ons:
- Support customers with Professional plans can purchase both the Zendesk Collaboration add-on and the Productivity Pack add-ons from Admin Center.
- Support customers with Enterprise plans can purchase the Zendesk Collaboration add-on. Enterprise plans already include a productivity pack.