You can view an end user's profile in either Zendesk Support or in the help center. This article describes how to view an end user's profile in Support and the default fields contained in their profile.
Viewing an end user's profile
When you open an end user's profile in Support, you can view their profile and activity information, edit certain fields, and open a ticket on their behalf. You can also perform other actions, such as merging or deleting the user.
- Open an end user's profile using one of the following methods in Support:
- Click the Search icon () in the sidebar and then search for the end user you want to view.
- Click the tab for the ticket requester's profile in a ticket.
- Click the end user's name on the Customers page.
- Click through the different tabs on the main window to view the following
- Tickets: View a user's requested or CC'd tickets. See Viewing assigned, requested, and CC tickets in the Support profile.
- Help Center: View a user's comments, posts, votes, and subscriptions.
- Related: View a user’s lookup relationships with tickets, organizations, and other users. See Using lookup relationship fields.
- Security Settings: Reset a user's password. See Resetting users passwords.
- Click the + New Ticket button next to the end user's name at the top right of the profile to create a new ticket on their behalf or the down arrow to perform actions such as merging, suspending, deleting, or assuming the identity of the user.
- View and edit user details on the left side of the profile.
Below are the default user fields. If you created custom fields, they're included in the user details panel (see Adding custom fields to users).
Default user fields
|Role||Defines the user's function and access level. There are three user types: End user, Agent, and Administrator. By default, all new users are set to end users. Agents can only add end users. Only administrators can change a user's role.|
Important: There are organization access settings in the user profile and in the organization itself. If the settings are in conflict, the more permissive setting overrides the less permissive setting.
|This is the email address you added for the end user. The email address must be unique to the end user. You cannot use a duplicate email address.|
|Contacts||You can also add additional contact information for users using the Add contacts link. See Adding user contact information.|
|Tags||List of tags you want automatically added to new tickets created by the end user. Separate tags with a space. Tags are added to new tickets only, not updated tickets. This is an optional feature and you might not have enabled user tagging. See Adding tags to users and organizations.|
|Organization||If you use organizations, and you want to add this end user to one, click
Add organization, then enter the name of the organization. Click Add
organization again if you'd like to add this user to multiple organizations
(see Enabling multiple organizations
On the Team plan, users can belong to only one organization. On Professional and Enterprise, users can belong to multiple organizations, up to 300. A user does not have to belong to any organization, however.
If your administrator has set up user mapping, which automatically adds new users to an organization based on their email domain, you can leave this blank.
|Language||Language the user will view your instance of Zendesk Support in. This setting affects this user only. The end-user's Help Center will appear in the selected language and some system messages and email notifications may also be in the selected language. Not available on Team plans|
|Time zone||The end-user's local time zone; used to time stamp tickets submitted by this user. This setting affects this user only. Not available on Team plans|
|Details||Additional details about the end user. Address, for example. Details are visible to agents only, not end users.|
|Notes||Any notes about the end user. Notes are visible to agents only, not end users.|