Adding a collaborator
You can manage who can collaborate on your lead, contact, or deal using the Collaborators field directly from the lead, contact, or deal page.
To add a collaborator
- In Sell, open the lead, contact, or deal you would like to add a collaborator to.
- Under Collaborators, click the (+) icon.
Start typing a name. You'll see a list of possible matches.Note: The ability to add a Collaborator to a record depends on the permissions defined for that user. If you are unable to add a given user as a collaborator, contact your administrator to request the correct access for that user.
- Click the name of the person you want to add as a collaborator.
The new collaborator is informed by email, and is notified each time a change is made to the record.
Being a collaborator
If you want to collaborate on a contact, lead, or deal, you have two options, depending on your permissions.
- In Sell, open the lead, contact, or deal that you want to collaborate on.
- In Collaborators, click Request to collaborate.
The lead, contact, or deal owner is notified and they have the option to approve or deny your request.
- If you have permission to reassign ownership of the record, then click Become a collaborator.
You will only see this option if you have the access rights. This won't require any further approval from the record owner.
In the Filters column, you can also filter leads, contacts, and deals by using the Collaborators filter.